March 16, 1521: Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan landed on Cebu and on April  21, 1521, he planted the Christian Cross, now known as “Magellan’s Cross” to signify the conversion from paganism to Roman Catholic faith. It is found inside a small chapel or a “kiosk” along Magallanes Street, near the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño and across the City Hall of Cebu.  However, the original cross is encased in another wooden cross to preserve it. Read more →